Wednesday 11 March 2009

Interview and todays workout

We'll do the workout first, today I jogged a mile to uni then did 6x300m intervals followed by two 50m sprints cause I still had a bit of energy left! I ate half a banana before I went and it seemed to combat some of the sickness I felt last time. I've done a little bit of light strength work this evening, some push-ups, assisted pull-ups and some arm exercises with a light dumbbell (4kg)

We found some old pictures yesterday, here is one of my beautiful hamster Scarlett, we had three dwarf hamsters, Scarlett, Natalie and Winnie and sadly they all died last year, I really miss them.


Now I have an interview from Kiersten over at Full of Beans! The information to playalong is after it!

1) Of all the blogs you read, which one is your favorite? Why?
This is such a tough question, I love reading all the blogs I follow. I think if I had to pick just one it would be Susan V's Fat Free Vegan Kitchen I've chosen this one as it's probably the blog I've made the most recipes from so far and I don't like adding fat to food so it's given me a lot of ideas of alternatives to use.

2) What is your favorite vegetable? Your favorite way to eat it?
At the moment it would have to be kale in the form of kale chips, bake your kale in the oven sprinkled with a good amount of apple cider vinegar and sprinkled with salt, delicious! I wish I had some kale in my fridge!!

3) What would your ideal 3 course meal be?
This is such a good question! I think I would have to go for one of those sharing plate style starters that you can get from most chinese/thai restaurants, this would include spring rolls with tofu, tempura vegetables, seaweed (minus the icky dried fish of course!!) with sweet chilli dipping sauce. For mains I'm torn between black bean tofu and plain boiled rice and cashew tofu with noodles....... can I have half of each!! For dessert chocolate and caramel cheesecake, that's a dessert I haven't yet veganised so it's imaginary.. but I think it would be good!

4) What is your favorite book?
I love Stephen King's Dark Tower series, I'm still reading the last book at the moment, when I get chance to break from uni work long enough to really get into it.. That's my favourite at the moment I think... I'm very indecisive!

5) If you were a superhero, what would your super power be?
Ooooh this is a toughy! So much to choose from (maybe the ability to make up my mind would be a good one to pick..)
I'm gonna go with....... flying! Sounds so cliche but imagine the freedom and the things you could see, all the places you could go.. it would be cool!


To play along:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me." If a few people want interviews, I will randomly pick 2.
2. I will respond by commenting on your blog with five questions. (I get to pick the questions).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your hamster, the pictures is incredibly adorable. I had many many gerbils growing up.
    What instrument do you play?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to try kale chips for a long time! They must be good if it's one of your fav foods :)

    Your hammie is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, it's so hard to lose a pet :(
    Haha I used to play clarinet in the junior high band! No longer, I kinda....sucked. My family is very musical though. My dad is a cellist the the Philharmonic here in Calgary and my mom got her degree in Musical Education.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your hamster is beautiful. I have a pet rat, she was the runt so she is small, and she is an old lady now but I tell her she's beautiful all the time to keep her going. She has made me fond of the rodentish creatures....

    Oh, and your blog looks great, I'm just starting to read it...

    NAOmni

    ReplyDelete