Wednesday 4 February 2009

I'm back!

Well, uni work took over the past week or so, I had 5000 words and a presentation due in last Friday and it all ended up a bit last minute! But I've been baking lots to make up for not doing so whilst working!

First up, Chai Brownies, inspired by le.petit.haricot on the PPK boards, I didn't follow her recipe as I'd been wanting to make some brownies using silken tofu and prunes as I like the texture these ingredients give in brownies by themselves so why not combine them! I topped one tray with the peanut butter cream cheese topping from Joni's blog, I used almond butter though, I think if I were to make it again I would add a little sugar as it was a bit too savory for my tastes. On with the pics and the recipe!


1 cup of strongly brewed chai tea
1/2 cup of dried prunes
1 Flax egg
1 packet of silken tofu
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup WW flour
1 cup Spelt
1 and 1/2 cup sugar
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt

First off mix the prunes and the tea in a blender, when smooth add in the tofu, flax egg and vanilla extract and mix until completely smooth.

In a large bowl sift together all the dry ingredients, stir in the wet ingredients and don't over mix!

Bake in a 9x9 pan at 175c or 350f until a toothpick comes out clean, about 20-30 mins, I used a 9x9 pan and a loaf tin but the brownies were a bit thin so I would up the time a little and use a 9x9.


Well, blogger has decided to stop letting me upload pictures, I'll be back soon with a recipe and pics of high protein almost raw truffle balls and pics of vcon caeser salad with herb crusted tofu (sooo yummy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment