Friday 6 February 2009

Todays work out

Considering I called this blog vegan food and fitness so far there has been far more food than fitness! So I thought I would post todays work out, I did strength work today.

Dumbell squats each weight I did 5 reps (weight is always in kg)
16 - 17 - 20 - 20 - 20

Clean and press, 5 each arm
8.5 - 10 - 10 - 10 - 10

To the pull-up bar
1 chin-up (my first in AGES, well since we moved the bar to a higher spot)
failed pull-up
negative chin-up
negative pull-up
negative chin-up
assisted chin-up x 10
assisted pull-up x 10

50 dumbell swings each arm at 10kg weight

surprisingly this workout took me almost 2 hours!!

I had a nine bar (one of my own with no honey) as my post workout snack some quick sugar and protein from the nuts and seeds. Lunch was veganomicon caesar salad with the herby savoury crusted tofu.. recipe to come think I got it this time!

2 comments:

  1. What a workout!! It puts my pathetic little workouts to shame!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya - re your comment on my blog - I use tofutti creamy smooth cream cheese. It reminds me of philadelphia style cream cheese that I use to eat in my vegan days, it doesn't taste cheesey at all.

    Your pancakes are adorable by the way!

    ReplyDelete